Monday 30 November 2015

Panic in needle park inspiration

The Panic in Needle Park



This movie is a stark portrayal of life among a group of heroin addicts who hang out in "Needle Park" in New York City. Played against this setting is a low-key love story between Bobby, a young addict and small-time hustler, and Helen, a homeless girl who finds in her relationship with Bobby the stability she craves. She becomes addicted too, and life goes downhill for them both as their addiction deepens, eventually leading to a series of betrayals. But, in spite of it all, the relationship between Bobby and Helen endures.

This film can help us and inspire us before we go on to filming and give us more ideas about how heroin is shown in the media and how it effects people in sociality.
The main thing that inspired me and that I looked out for in this film was the use of sound used in the scene where heroin was used. There where loads of different technique used to highlight key things the audience should be focussing on and also aiding the audiences hearing with the visuals. During one of the scenes no sound was heard at all. This is because of the effects of the heroin. I thought this was quite effective in what it portrayed and I came up with an idea myself. I want to experiment with sound effects to show the heroin is working on the body. I thought about using special effects like the ringing off ears to indicate to a viewer that something is happening to someone's body internally. I will look into this in a practical task I will do.Another thing I liked used in the film was the use off iritic and faced pace sounds which sped up as the main character overdosed. This was really effective and powerful as it raised the emotions of the viewers and ,make them impatient to see what will happen next. It kept me on the edge of my seat heart beating faster and this is something I want the viewers of my final piece to feel. This is another sound experiment I want to look into. This has given me very good ideas about where to go next when looking at sound. I also need to choose a track that will fit into our footage when we film it and that is polyphonic and has a melody which will aid the visuals of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment