Tuesday 24 November 2015

Prop Practical

As we have now made a story board and have settled on some ideas about the genre and the story line we can do more specific practical and deconstruction tasks. as we have chosen to do an urban drama based around drugs we will have to incorporate drugs. We want to make this opening sequence look professional so we have to use realistic pros. This means I have had to look into have to make our heroin drug look realistic.

I started research into heroin online and find out how people get it and then use it. Once the Heroin is purchased the preparation starts. Firstly everything will be put out on display and placed in order. The kit includes, Heroin, syringe with needle, spoon, lighter or candle, cigarette filter, belt, citric acid and water. The Heroin is put onto the spoon with citric acid, the right amount of water will then be mixed with the Heroin and citric acid. At the same time the spoon is held over the heat source so all the three substances are mixed together. Once mixed, a cigarette filter will be placed onto the spoon, the solution will then be drawn up the syringe through the filter, and this is to filter out any impurities. It is now ready to be injected into a vein usually in the arm. The belt or similar implement such as a shoe lace is tied tightly around the arm to stop the blood flow, this will cause the veins to stand out for easier injection.

After finding this out I then made a small heroin kit so it looks like a realistic prop. I made the drugs out of kitchen stuff like flour and sugar and coco powered. It is was quite effective because it represented street heroin as it is a darker colour but when I future it in the actual piece I will need to make it more like crystals. Also the lighter looks out of place because it is a family friendly one and has a picture on it that is meant to look pretty. So when I use a lighter in the actual thing I will have to use a clipper or generic branded lighter.
 
 
 The most important thing when looking at this drug in a film is how it looks when it is being cooked up. I will have to make it look realistic when it is being heated. I did this by using honey in a spoon. When heated the honey will boil up and look good. I also have to make the syringe look real. In this picture I used a fake blood syringe and put I ball pump into it., This is good for a starting attempt as it looks quite effective and can be pushed up against the skin and look effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment