Thursday 25 February 2016

How I Manipluated the Sound

This none copyrighted sound that we used was found on sound cloud. As you can see I had to layer the sound so that it transitions into the next piece without it beeping or sound like the track is changing as the music picks up in certain sections without notice. To get this transition we had to layer the sound in the order if its peaks and troughs so that both pieces of sound spike at the same time. This means that you will be able to hear two different pieces of sound at the same time, but not notice when one drops off. Thus creating a seamless transition. This is a skill I had to do in another activity so I could so it quite easily.

But then I had layer some of the other sound as it did not last the whole two minuets this would be a problem however, the sound that we used repeats the part I was using as well as other so that I could find that bit and just play it back from the original until the next transition.    

One of the pieces of feedback was that the sound we use was quiet which we took on board as the start takes a long time to pick up in volume so what I did was increased its decibels to about 12bd which is quite loud and you could hear lots of different notes which was good. However in some parts it is defining so then I reduced the sound to find the equal of which I liked. Moving from one extreme to another helped me find the medium much quicker than if I just chose different point by random.
However on this particular place on the repeat I increased the backing sound a lot and kept it in at 12 decibels as that was the only way you could hear it. As well as in the background of the heart beat this was the only way that it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment