Saturday 20 February 2016

Editing (Placement of titles)

Titles Sequence

When deciding were and a what time to put my tiles I had to think of a couple of things.
  • What each member of my group did and what title is it most relatable to.
  • Whether I have to put there name and job title of just job title
  • What order those titles should be put in so that the importance of there role is displayed in the credits. So actors would be after director and writer.
Another thing is that I wanted to put the titles embedded in the background of the footage so that it looks good and is not in the way of anything important. This would also work if I put them in different effects such as security feed. However this was difficult as the software didn't let us embed titles which would of work for our footage.

The main titles I used were fade and basic titles these gave the best results and also looked the best in footage. 
For example the title of the actor I used the size to make the name fit in-between the poles on top of the ramp this took a long time to do and I used a basic title to do this. This worked in this piece of footage as the title does not get in the way of anything. This is right after the director which was me I put in the actor and a name a description wouldn't work in this part as it would take up too much space. 

I added in another actor in the security feed I thought this is good as it sticks to the corners and also I didn't need to change the title to a different colour as it already fitted into the background and the effect. 

In the next shot there was another security feed and I did want to put in another person however feedback was that once was enough and there was no need and should put it in a different place.
Another technique I found out with the text is that I could turn the text round to different directions to fit into the background. When I see each short I always want to see if I could embed a title and if I can't then it will go into the bottom right or left depending what is in the shot. 

I found it hard to put the titles in the bathroom as the shots were very short meaning they could not be seen easily. 

To improve 

  • I should add more titles I only have few at the moment and it would make the opening sequence a little more entertaining and something to keep them interested.
  • Also more titles would tell people more roles as most normal title sequences have at least 12 titles to fill the space. 
  • As well as placing them in better locations so that people can see them easier as well as placing them embedded in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment