Tuesday 9 February 2016

Rewind

Rewinding

In the rewind I wanted to make it less than 5 seconds this is because when we added in the other bits of footage and I was worried that it would go other the time limit of about 2 minuets for a film opening.
First I imported a the footage backwards starting from when she was on the floor this is how the film is going to start before it rewinds. And finishing at when she gets up from the bench as you can see from the clips above the footage is backwards Then I would select all the pieces of footage that should not be in the clip limiting me to only a few this is important as it doesn't give away any of the scenes that are about to happen but look good enough for the start of our film.

After doing this I would reverse the clip on the editing software to the far right of Final cut. By clicking on reverse clip all the footage goes into rewind which puts all the clips in reverse so it looks normal and flows from the different places this only puts them in normal or 100% reverse I still have to change the speed.

Speed of Footage

 I still felt that 400 was a bit too fast so I could edit the footage down into different speeds by tweaking it each time to a different speed even by 1% which makes minor correction I found that 367% was a good speed were you could see most of the footage. However, it did leave me some problems of the fact that some of the clips jumped as it he software could not process the information fast enough. As well as on the part were the girl rises from the floor was very fast and I find that it would be more powerful if it happened slower bringing a greater effect.


This is why I lowered the speed back down to 100% this did effect my time limit of 5 seconds however I managed to cut the time down of the other footage which meant more time could be spent on the rewind to make up some of the empty room. I also bladed some clips which is when you spilt them up in some cases this can be bad as it can glitch some footage which is meant to be stable. However in my case it stops the jumps by correcting the part which the footage misses I had to look at what I had over and over again to make sure each blade was in the correct place and as you can see from the below I clipped one clip a lot as that was the main part that stopped.

The rewind itself took a lot of work and time as some parts didn't work however to make it particularly good I wanted to layer sound of a heart beat in the background this I found difficult as I had to move the position of each singular heart beat.

Creating the Heartbeat Effect

I found that the sound file was very long this means I cropped out a singular heart beat which I could copy and move. Firstly though some of the footage that I deleted meant that there was black blank footage and the end of the film opening which I could use to make a transition of heart like representation of a heart beating between the different pieces of footage.

I moved them into place in-between each of the cropped clips that transitioned into the other. This almost creates a blinking effect which with a strong heart beat in the background could look good. Oe by one I moved each pieces of audio into place and the made the larger to get the full ventricular and atria beat to make it realistic.

Thoughts

I think the work that I did is good however some of the heart sounds could be louder to really monopolised the audiences viewing experience as well as divide the different clips better. I also feel that some of the clips are quite short and if I had more time to fill then I would reduce speed that way audiences can actually understand what is going on rather than the fact  it jumps by without them processing it. 
After showing my class mates though for the first time they found the revealing rewind a good passage to the story line and also liked the fact that the heart beat made the viewing experience atmospheric.

No comments:

Post a Comment