Thursday 25 February 2016

Editing sound in Bathroom

Sound in Closing stages of my Film

The sound I added in was a neon light flickering this was so useful I used it many times to display how the person was feeling when taking the drugs. This sound effect becomes more frequently used near the ed before she passes out. I bladed the clip and edited the lighting so that it matches exactly the points at which the light flicks on and off. Something that proved quite hard as the computer was beng quite slow.

You can see as I got closer to the end the sound started to layer this is cause the sound needed to pick up so that it wasn't quite in the background. Also alot of layering occurred near the end as that is when the lights start flickering a lot.  You canalso see that there was some long and small pieces of sound. That is me trying to make it match what I have in the clips that I bladed as well as make it sound realistic as after all it is non diegetic. 


In this screen shot you case a much closer shot of the should used when the white screen was going to appear. The lightbulb bursting was again non diegetic and was meant to signal the end of what happened in this scene. Then it cuts to a few more credits and then another scene and the main title. To get through the first set of title was I added in a flash bang this last for a long time however fits into the end of my scene very well. Then I kept the sound going on for longer so that the titles were not empty of sound.
 Overall I am happy with how the has played out. Especially at the end as the layer of sound makes the situation seem all so real something which I didn't think was possible at first. With all of the layer the sound makes this better and more interesting to the audience something that only sound could achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment